Information to encourage strong parent engagement
The PARCC assessments serve as an “educational GPS system,” assessing students’ current performance, and pointing the way to what students need to learn to be ready for the next grade level and, by high school graduation, for college and/or a career.
The PARCC assessments are designed to give schools and teachers more information to improve instruction. Moreover, PARCC is designed to let parents know how their child is progressing academically. This more detailed information can lead to strong engagement between parents and teachers.
Please note that your child’s score report is not available here. Please contact your child’s school or local school district to find out about your child’s score report.
- Take a practice test
- What’s different about the PARCC tests?
- Glossary of PARCC assessment terms
- Learn about accommodations
- Visit UnderstandTheScore.org
- PARCC Parent Checklist
- ELA and Math Sample Score Reports (2015-16)
- ELA Parent Guide for Score Report (2015-16)
- Math Parent Guide for Score Report (2015-16)
- ELA/Math Parent Guide for Score Report (Spanish 2015-16)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout
- PARCC Performance Level Setting Handout (Spanish)
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT
- PARCC Performance Level Setting PPT (Spanish)
- PARCC Timeline Graphic
- PARCC Timeline Graphic (Spanish)
GreatSchools Test Guide for Parents provides families with students in grades 3-8 with customizable information by state and grade level that will help them better understand what their child was tested on and how to support their learning. The Guide, created in collaboration with teachers at each grade level, explains what knowledge and skills are needed grade-by-grade and subject-by-subject. Also available en Espanol.
Be a Learning Hero helps parents navigate the changes happening in classrooms across the country so they can help their children be successful in school. They provide resources and information for parents from some of the nation’s most well-respected education and parent organizations including the National PTA, Common Sense Media and GreatSchools.
UnderstandtheScore.org is a collaborative resource designed to help parents most effectively interpret their child’s score report. It features information about the assessments, along with resources that will help parents assist their children on the journey to college and career readiness.
Translated Score Reports
PARCC has translated the sample score reports for all grade levels into 11 different languages, and both parents and educators may access them here.